The Flashback of the 60s, 70s, 80s Greatest Music Hits

Oct 18, 2015

John Denver - I'm Sorry (1975)

John Denver - I'm Sorry (1975) on Windsong Album
'70s Lite Rock on WLCY Radio





"I'm Sorry" is a song written and recorded by American country-folk singer-songwriter John Denver. Released in 1975, it was his final number-one pop hit released during his career.

The song, an apology for forsaken love, "I'm Sorry" reached number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart on 27 September 1975, as well as reaching number one on the Easy Listening chart. Six weeks after topping the pop chart, the song was Denver's third and final number one on the Billboard Hot Country Singles chart.

The flip side of "I'm Sorry" was "Calypso", and, like its A-side, enjoyed substantial radio airplay on Top 40 stations.

No comments:

Post a Comment