The Flashback of the 60s, 70s, 80s Greatest Music Hits

Jun 12, 2019

I Wanna Rock - Twisted Sister (1984)

I Wanna Rock by Twisted Sister (1984)
"I Wanna Rock" is a song written and composed by Dee Snider and performed by his band Twisted Sister. It was released on the 1984 album Stay Hungry.

In 2009, "I Wanna Rock" was named the 17th-Greatest Hard Rock Song by VH1.


repeat
repeat_one
shuffle
skip_previous
play_circle_filled
pause_circle_filled
skip_next
volume_up




Like the earlier "We're Not Gonna Take It", the video features actor Mark Metcalf, best known as the abusive ROTC leader Douglas C. Neidermeyer from the movie National Lampoon's Animal House. Here, he plays a teacher with a similar personality to Neidermeyer, who harasses a student for drawing the Twisted Sister logo on his notebook. He chastises the student by shouting "What kind of a man desecrates a defenseless textbook?! I've got a good mind to slap your fat face!", which echoes a line from Animal House: "What kind of man hits a defenseless animal [a misbehaving horse]? I've got a good mind to smash your fat face in!"

No comments:

Post a Comment