The Flashback of the 60s, 70s, 80s Greatest Music Hits

Nov 2, 2018

Air Supply - Lost In love (1980)

Air Supply - Lost In love (1980)
"Lost in Love" is a 1980 song recorded by the Australian soft rock group Air Supply. The song was written by group member Graham Russell. The original version of the song appeared on the Life Support album in 1979 and was released as a single in Australia, reaching number 13 on the Kent Music Report. The group re-recorded the song for the album Lost In Love in 1980 and this version was released as a single in the US, reaching number 3 on the Billboard Hot 100.



Download This Song

Air Supply's popularity in their native country during the mid to late 1970s had not been matched elsewhere. Russell travelled to England in 1979, and while there, discovered that the group's Australian record label Big Time Records had sold "Lost in Love" to Arista Records in the United States for distribution. Soon thereafter, their song became a hit on the music charts in the US. The song spent four weeks at number three on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in May 1980 and topped the Billboard adult contemporary chart for six weeks that same year.

This song was featured in an episode of Family Guy, "Emission Impossible", the 1981 American film Private Lessons, and the Australian film Hotel de Love.

2 comments:

  1. NOV. 25. 1991
    Air Supply's “Lost In Love" album is certified double-platinum.

    JAN. 27. 1992
    Air Supply picks up an American Music Award as Favorite Pop/Rock Band.

    MARCH 10. 1993
    “Air Supply's Greatest Hits." certified at 5 million units, becomes the group’s best-selling album.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had toured with Air Supply for about six years (two of those years with Doug Goldstein, who would later become the manager for Guns N’ Roses). But I was pretty damn lucky to get in with Air Supply. In fact, I never even had to fill out an application!

    It was July 1983. I had just graduated college—State University of New York at Oswego. I was a business major with a (heater minor, but I was very involved in (heater. I had starred in numerous college productions in my junior and senior years. Acting is in my blood forever. My first job out of college was at the Westbury Music Fair in Long Island. Westbury Music Fair was a 3,000-seat, in-the-round venue that housed plays and intimate concerts. I was a backstage runner, a gopher, the bottom man on the totem pole. When acts came into town, I would pick them up at the airport. Or I would pick them up at their hotel, and bring them to the gig for sound check. And I always had to make sure they had what they needed backstage. I only held this job for about a month, because I was about to meet someone who would change my life.

    ReplyDelete