The Flashback of the 60s, 70s, 80s Greatest Music Hits

Jan 27, 2015

Bread - Baby I'm-a Want You (1971)

Baby I'm-a Want You by Bread from the album Baby I'm-a Want You
Baby I'm-a Want You is a popular song by the American pop-rock band Bread. The single was released in October 1971. It became the title track for the album of the same name, released in January 1972.



repeat
repeat_one
shuffle
skip_previous
play_circle_filled
pause_circle_filled
skip_next
volume_up




It was one of Bread's highest-charting singles in both the U.S. and U.K. In the U.S., it reached #3 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in December 1971, the third of Bread's four top-five hits ("Make It with You", #1 in 1970; "If", #4 earlier in 1971; and "Everything I Own", from the same album, #5 in 1972). "Baby I'm-a Want You" reached the top of the easy listening chart and rose to #14 on the UK Singles Chart in February 1972.

It was certified as a gold record by the RIAA. As with virtually all of the band's well-known recordings, the song was both written and produced by the band's lead vocalist, David Gates.

3 comments:

  1. Damn,thought I was the only one who liked Bread!

    ReplyDelete
  2. swoon.....one of my favorites, ah the memories

    ReplyDelete